- In praise of ‘low value’ subjects. February 27, 2023
- Frigga Haug and the mystery of learning December 6, 2022
- Debating Growth. November 29, 2022
- Code red for human survival November 8, 2022
- The politics of silence. September 4, 2022
- Posts on Corsican themes. August 10, 2022
- When Corsica welcomed thousands of Serb refugees (1916) August 9, 2022
- Climate justice, heat justice and the politics of resilience August 5, 2022
- Nancy Fraser’s eco-socialist common sense. August 3, 2022
- Education, social justice and survival in a time of crisis. July 18, 2022
- A political education. May 10, 2022
- Redistribution and recognition should go hand in hand. April 17, 2022
- French presidential election: could Mélenchon make it? April 10, 2022
- Owning our crises March 26, 2022
- French elections 2022 January 29, 2022
Eddie Playfair on In praise of ‘low value’ … nivekd on In praise of ‘low value’ … eletseminario.org on Market autonomy or democratic… jofsaxon on Frigga Haug and the mystery of… Eddie Playfair on Debating Growth.
Tag Archives: Nancy Fraser
Nancy Fraser’s eco-socialist common sense.
Posted on August 3, 2022 by Eddie Playfair
Nancy Fraser’s ‘Climates of Capital’. In the essay ‘Climates of Capital’ (2021) Nancy Fraser argues that we need to see the various major crises we face as systemic and connected, resulting from capitalism. If we are to survive and flourish, … Continue reading →
Posted in Politics | Tagged Antonio Gramsci, capital, capitalism, climate change, climate emergency, Climates of Capital, counter-hegemony, crisis, Democracy, eco-politics, eco-socialism, economy, Equality, financialization, global North, global South, Green New Deal, hegemony, inequality, markets, Nancy Fraser, nature, New Left Review, social justice, socialism, Thinking Global | Leave a comment
Education, social justice and survival in a time of crisis.
Posted on July 18, 2022 by Eddie Playfair
Based on a presentation for the CSPACE ‘1000 little fires’ conference at Birmingham City University, July 2022. A system in crisis. It is clear that we are living in a global crisis which threatens our very survival. The climate emergency, … Continue reading →
Redistribution and recognition should go hand in hand.
Posted on April 17, 2022 by Eddie Playfair
Reading Nancy Fraser’s critique of progressive neoliberalism. Continue reading →
Posted in Politics | Tagged Antonio Gramsci, authoritarianism, capitalism, counter-hegemony, crisis, eco-socialism, Equality, hegemonic bloc, hegemony, inequality, markets, Nancy Fraser, Neoliberalism, populism, progressive neoliberalism, progressive populism, reactionary populism, redistribution, representation, social justice, socialism | Leave a comment
Owning our crises
Posted on March 26, 2022 by Eddie Playfair
The climate emergency and environmental degradation, the Covid-19 pandemic, the injustices of systemic racism, wars and their humanitarian consequences, the sharp rise in the cost of living… As one crisis succeeds another in dominating our thoughts, it’s easy to see … Continue reading →
Posted in Politics | Tagged Anti-war, Antonio Gramsci, climate emergency, crisis, Democracy, economy, Equality, inequality, Nancy Fraser, politics, Social change, Sustainability | Leave a comment